AUDITIONS FOR THE 2017-2018 SEASON
ADULT SINGERS -
Auditions for the 2017-18 season will be held Monday August 14 and Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Please contact Lou Ann Hennig at email@example.com if you have questions or to schedule an audition.
NEW SINGERS: An audition generally takes 5-10 minutes, and is with our director, Grant Cochran, who will accompany you on the piano. You do not prepare anything to sing for Grant; rather, he will have you sing some warmup exercises to give him a sense of your range, tone, voice quality, etc., and then he'll ask you to sight sing for him from a piece he'll have. He'll play it through before asking you to sing it. It's important that you be able to read music, since our programs encompass a broad variety of music. If you would like to audition, please let Lou Ann Hennig know a little bit about your musical background, including what voice part you normally sing, your experiences and interests.
These Membership Guidelines will help you better understand what is involved in being a member of the Anchorage Concert Chorus. If you have further questions please call Roland at 274-7464.
The Anchorage Concert Chorus (ACC) offers mentorships for young singers so they may enjoy the experience of singing with Anchorage's premier large choral group! This mentorship will waive your membership dues, fundraising obligations and provide your music and the expert tutelage of our Conductor and Artistic Director, Dr. Grant Cochran. If you are selected for a mentorship, you will enjoy the same opportunities and responsibilities as any member. In order to be eligible, you must meet and agree to the following requirements:
1) You must be 16 years of age or older but not over 25 years of age, attending high school or college in Alaska, and available to sing the ACC regular concert season.
2) You must be available to audition for the ACC. Your audition will be arranged to coincide with our regular auditions or TBA, most likely at a regular Monday night rehearsal. (If other arrangements are required, every effort will be made to accommodate your needs.)
3) You must be available to attend regular ACC rehearsals which are held each Monday night from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Central Lutheran Church in Anchorage at 15th and Cordova. Additional rehearsals include dress rehearsals, usually the two evenings prior to our concerts, a Saturday morning and occasionally others TBA, especially if you are interested in Chorale or solos. The ACC always has a great season planned and the 2017-18 season continues that history this year:
Saturday, October 14, 2017 - Major Works - an evening of major works including Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy" with Dr. Timothy Smith on piano.
Sunday, December 17, 2017 - Family Holiday Pops
Saturday, May 5, 2018, collaboration with Alaska Youth Symphonies, repertoire TBA
4) Auditions for the Mentorship Program should be scheduled through Carolyn Morris, Mentor Coordinator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You should bring your application with you at that time.
5) Your application must be signed by you (and your parent or guardian if under 18).
6) Any music provided by the ACC is the property of the ACC and must be returned when you leave the chorus. You will also be asked to complete an exit evaluation of your experience so the ACC can measure the effectiveness of our Mentorship Awards.
It's that simple and there are several Mentorships
available. So, please complete your application and mail it to:
Mentorship Awards, Anchorage Concert Chorus, PO Box 100364, Anchorage, AK 99510-3738
or fax to: (907) 274-6998.
If chosen for an award, you must also complete an ACC High School or College Membership Agreement prior to receiving your music.
If you have questions or need additional applications, please contact the ACC Mentorship Coordinator, Carolyn Morris at: (907)240-1730 or Fax: (907)274-6998, the ACC office at 274-SING,
For more information on the chorus read the membership guidelines